Join us at Parkwest Medical Center for Open Interviews for Registered Nurses (RN) every other Thursday from 10 am to 2 pm. With our recent addition of the Dogwood Tower, we have full-time, part-time, and PRN positions available for nurses looking to grow your career.
During this time, we will have hiring managers on-site for you to interview with, as well as job shadowing opportunities so that you can explore your unit of interest and talk to nurses currently working there. There is the potential for you to receive a job offer the same day!
When you arrive, please use our complimentary valet parking service at the main entrance and our recruiter will meet you in the main lobby.
For a complete list of nursing positions available at Parkwest, or to apply online, click here.
Parkwest Medical Center is a 337-bed hospital with 1,700 employees and more than 500 active and courtesy physicians. We provide the region’s leading cardiac services, have a nationally recognized emergency department, and offer award-winning care in orthopedics, neurosurgery, and obstetrics. The units at Parkwest Medical Center that primarily hire nurses include:
- Cardiology, Renal, Pulmonary: recently located and expanded to a 44-bed unit, specializes in peritoneal dialysis and intensive acuity patients with tracheostomies
- Cardiac Specialty: 33 telemetry bed unit whose primary scope of service is provision of direct care to patients undergoing Cardiac Diagnostic and Interventional Procedures.
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgical: 17 telemetry bed unit providing direct care to patients undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass surgery, TAVR, Mitral Valve Clipping, VATS procedures, Thoracotomies, and Vascular procedures
- Critical Care: 30-bed comprehensive care unit that includes the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU), and Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- Complex Medical: 33-bed unit caring for patients acutely ill with a range of medical issues or who are recently recovering from surgery
- Emergency Department: fast-paced 39-bed unit caring for a variety of patients with different levels of acuity
- Float Pool: consists of nurses with a wide skill set that are trained to staff the Critical Care and/or Acute Care areas
- Labor & Delivery: 20 LDRP suites, with an 4 additional rooms currently under construction
- Neurology & Step-Down: 27-bed unit, which includes up to 8 step-down beds, specializing in stroke, neuro, and neuro-surgical patient care
- Observation Unit: a brand-new unit at Parkwest, this 32-bed unit hosts patients whose typical stay will be less than 24 hours before getting discharged or transferred for additional care
- Oncology, Gynecology, Surgery: 44-bed unit that is a high-volume, predominantly post-surgical unit with a broad range of surgical service lines
- Orthopedic Med/Surg: 36-bed unit hosted in the new Dogwood Tower
- Ortho-Spine: 36-bed unit hosted in the new Dogwood Tower
- Senior Behavioral Health: 16-bed unit that specializes in geriatrics with neurocognitive disorders, as well as medical issues that may influence behaviors needing immediate treatment/care
- Surgery: currently have 27 surgery suits, soon to be 30 surgery suites!
You may be asking yourself, “What makes Covenant Health different?”
We were recently listed on Becker’s Healthcare “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2019” – for the 2nd year in a row – and named on Forbes “The Best Employers for Women” in 2018. We offer unmatched medical insurance to our employees with zero out-of-pocket cost for inpatient and outpatient services received at wholly-owned Covenant Health facilities*, promote a strong culture of work/life balance with generous Combined Time Off (CTO) and an Employee Assistance Program, and have recently added benefits like a student loan repayment assistance program. To learn more about our benefits, visit: https://www.covenantcareers.com/benefits/.
More than that, though, we form a team working together to make our community better. Every employee in our organization signs a pledge, stating that they will always put the patient first, strive for excellence in everything they do, and work to make Covenant Health the first and best choice for those we serve.
*Except where covered by a collective bargaining unit.