Join us at Peninsula Hospital for Open Interviews for Psych Techs on Thursday, February 27 from 2 pm to 6 pm! During this time, we will have hiring managers on-site for you to interview with, as well as job shadowing opportunities for you to explore your unit of interest. There is the potential for you to receive a job offer on the same day as your interview!
When you arrive at this event, please enter through the main entrance and our recruiter, Sami, will meet you in the lobby.
Unfamiliar with this role? Psych Techs at Peninsula Behavioral Health provide care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians and/or registered nurses. You’ll be responsible for quality patient care by providing supervision and guidance for the patients as well as maintaining a safe and therapeutic patient environment.
Career path opportunities:
- Can grow with further education to a Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist
- When eligible may take the national Psychiatric Technician certification exam that qualifies for the annual certification bonus and furthers professional growth
There are Senior PC and PC Team Leaders positions that can be applied for after appropriate experience is obtained.
Important Behavioral Traits
- Compassion & Empathy
- Interpersonal communication & relationship skills
- Observational skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, social services, anthropology, theatre, liberal arts majors, biology/pre-med (or working towards it); some post-secondary educational experience
- Minimum Education: High School/GED Required. Bachelors or working toward a degree in psychology or social services preferred. Experience working with child and /or adolescent population, knowledge of development stages.
Licensure Requirement: CPR Required.
Peninsula Behavioral Health, a division of Parkwest Medical Center, has set a new standard for effective, innovative and caring mental health services in East Tennessee. With a combined total of more than 75 years of experience, Peninsula has helped thousands of people recover from disorders and dependencies, and lead healthy, positive and productive lives. Located in Blount County (Friendsville), Peninsula Hospital is a 155-bed treatment center providing acute care inpatient mental health services for people of all ages. A team approach using psychiatrists, nurses, psych techs, and discharge planners ensures individualized treatment plans and interventions for people in crisis. Our caring staff is available at all times to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients.
- Sami Rmaila